A full-time job at Grace Community Church in Bedford
Posted 7 August, 2017 in Creative
Grace Community Church, formed in 1971 in Bedford, is now home to over 500 people each Sunday and impacts hundreds more through it’s focussed mission to reach the local community.
To continue to impact the local community, we now have a need for a full-time communications manager to develop existing and create new ways of engaging with people, both within the sphere of the church but mainly to reach those in our local area who are not yet a part of God’s kingdom here.
This is an excellent opportunity for a creatively led person, who wants hands-on experience creating and managing content across a wide spectrum of channels. This role will play a significant part in developing the church’s effectiveness to its different audiences, but provide a great learning environment to develop your own personal abilities and skills.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBLITIES
As the church continues to grow, the communication’s manager role will be a key hub for channelling and promoting all of the information about what’s on at Grace and for keeping internal and external audiences aware of latest news. Whilst there will be some involvement in traditional media, the bulk of the role is in maintaining and developing the church’s use of digital and new media outputs to inform and engage. The responsibilities for this role fall into the following main areas:
Our ‘virtual front door’ is vital in reaching those both in our local community and beyond and so the majority of the role lies in developing this area in the following channels.
- Review, update and development of existing church site (built in WordPress).
- Development of event specific micro-sites.
- Content research and oversight
- Drafting, editing, uploading content, linking from talks and rollout over social media etc.
- Social networking
- Liaising and co-ordinating with of an existing team of volunteers
- Driving new followers, reviewing best practise, linking to other ‘Grace’ content
- Event promotion etc. (Currently through both Facebook and Twitter, but to develop our online strategy in other areas too - for instance Instagram, AudioBoo, Vimeo)
- Produce and develop video use both online and during services
- Enable live online video streaming of services.
- App development
- Research concepts and develop alongside existing strategies.
To develop and distribute communications both through our website and private church management software package, informing and motivating Grace members. To design materials they can use to invite friends to events and services.
- Sunday services
- To work with existing presentation teams to develop use of video for welcome, information and teaching. To develop opportunities for access to communications on a Sunday such as PPT welcome sliders.
- To raise awareness and buy-in of events.
This is a full-time position, and due to the nature of the work undertaken there is a genuine occupational requirement that the role is filled with a Christian believer who is in agreement with and able to remain loyal to the Christian ethos of Grace Community Church. The successful applicant will be;
- Committed to seeing people come to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Committed to the local church as it supports mission in the whole of life
- Committed to life-long training and development of their gifts and skills
- A highly motivated self-starter, able to work within a team and lead others effectively
We are looking for a strong all-rounder, who will grow and develop their skills as part of the role.
- Should be highly proficient across all social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Twitter, and Vimeo) and have specific industry / organisation experience of managing multiple pages and communicating to different audience segments.
- Should have a good working knowledge of WordPress (or similar CMS system) and be experienced in updating site specific content as well as blog functionality.
- We would expect an excellent working knowledge of video editing software such as Premier (or similar) with the ability to film, edit and export videos for use in a church context.
- Formal design training would be a distinct advantage. We would expect a basic understanding, if not working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) with the ability to work with Adobe Acrobat.
The salary for this position is negotiable depending upon experience. In addition the successful applicant would be eligible to join the church pension scheme upon the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Reporting to our Executive Pastor, and responsible to our Creative Director, this exciting new role would suit a graduate level or junior creative with 1-2 years of experience, looking to make an impact for Christ within a church that is passionate to see people saved.