A full-time job at Tangiers Group in Malta, Europe
Posted 9 August, 2017 in Creative
Public Relations Executive
PR pro and autodidact expert needed for a very busy Malta-based entrepreneur and philanthropist. The demanding job offers high-stakes rewards, including frequent international travel (don’t get a cat) and networking opportunities from celebrities in Rome, to the great minds of the time at Davos to rock stars. Really. Creativity can get messy.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Strategically plan, coordinate, write, edit and distribute compelling content for social media, blogs, email, newsletter, public relations, content assets and website activities
- Research, interview, strategically plan, write, build visual, publish and manage social media profiles and conversation posts on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. to ensure social media channels remain engaging and active, including live-tweeting from events and monitoring commentary
- Work directly with stakeholders to define objectives and create content across platforms
- Meet with and conduct regular interviews with business leaders, media contacts, key stakeholders in order to develop social media, public relations stories and other online content
- Design, plan and execute media and other public relations campaigns
- Pitch and respond to media enquiries, set up interviews, manage media logistics at events and closely monitor media coverage
- Writing press releases, speeches, op-eds, social media concepts, backgrounds and report
- Crisis management, preparing talking points for interviews and giving on-going feedback to spokespeople
- Day-to-day oversight and PR management, including directing replies to journalists, assisting negotiations with media houses, approving press releases for distribution and ensuring consistency across social media.
- Maintaining and building on a global database of media contacts
- Creating and building strong relationships with the media, government and NGO community
- Coordinates complex calendars and schedules to ensure effective time management and prioritization of engagements where necessary
- Provides administrative support for project work and ad hoc activities as necessary
- 10+ years’ experience planning and executing Communications, Social Media and Public Relations required
- Applied and portfolio experience developing and writing creative messaging and content for online PR campaigns
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English, as well as multi-voice (persona) writing skills
- Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience writing press releases, media advisories, blog entries and articles and the ability to effectively and clearly communicate with internal and external audiences
- Experience with content-generation and content management across multiple platforms, syndication and content management systems: internal and external channels such as social media platforms, email newsletters, PR/media earned coverage
- Demonstrated success securing local, regional and national media coverage
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel frequently and at short notice
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedules as necessary
- The position is Malta based with attractive benefits and salary
This job closes: 25 August, 2017
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.