Sales Development Manager
A full-time job at Bauer Media Group in London & South East
Posted 31 October, 2017 in Sales
We are looking for enthusiastic candidate to join the international team in the role of Sales Development Manager. As an integral part of the team, this role will support the Sales Development Controllers in the development of commercial publisher relationships and continue Seymour’s growth as the market leading exporter of UK titles.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong relationship management skills, as well as proven experience working to strict deadlines and delivery of timely and accurate reporting. The role requires excellent attention to detail, flexibility, assured numerical skills and high levels of self-motivation.
We pride ourselves on our staff, putting them at the centre of everything with an abundance of training and development opportunities; all of which is reflected in our Investors in People award. There are numerous other great benefits such as our pension scheme, life assurance and the fact that we are located right in the heart of the City of London.
Key Responsibilities of the Role (experience required):
- Maintain and develop publisher relationships in line with service level agreements or contracts.. Use market and product knowledge to deliver timely and accurate reporting.
- Work closely with publishers to influence their International magazine circulation strategy, for example, in Australia and USA, and facilitate its implementation through the organisation.
- Manage Trade Marketing budget as agreed with publisher and continuously seek out creative promotional opportunities to enhance and maximise all new potential sales opportunities.
- Work with nominated overseas trading partners to monitor overall organisational trading performance and further enhance profitable growth for all parties.
- To achieve budgeted sales targets and ensure publishing accounts stay committed.
Key Qualities/Experience in the successful candidate:
- A track record of making the right decisions under pressure.
- Account Management experience gained through delivery of key objectives.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, able to communicate and build relationships with a broad base of external clients and distribution partners.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task and manage own workload to deadlines whilst accommodating urgent requests.
- Ability to solve problems and ability to use own initiative to drive change and improvement.
- Able to handle confidential information and demonstrate required sensitivity
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Presentation skills
In return, we offer a competitive salary along with our company benefit scheme.
This job was reposted from Bauer Media Careers