BID Manager / Writer
A full-time management job at Wireless in Belfast
Posted 12 December 2018, 10.46am est
We are: Wireless is a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News Corp UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates 32 national and local radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
These include talkSPORT, which is the world’s biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio.
Zesty is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Simply Zesty is an award winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 22 years' experience gained across 2000+ digital projects
Your role: As Bid Manager you will work with the Business Development, User Experience, Graphic Design, Innovation and Development teams to contribute to winning proposals. Day to day you will:
- Managing and compiling quality bids through:
- Articulating the proposed solution
- Creating responses to specific customer questions
- Response review and proof reading
- Reviewing, updating and improving boilerplate content
- Creating/updating project plans
- Compiling pricing
- Adhering to corporate bid processes
- Monitoring Tender portals for relevant opportunities
- Managing tender submissions through all the major procurement portals
- Actively contributing to Bid continuous improvement processes
- Contributing to the bid library
- Supporting the ISO audit process
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience of working within complex IT project environments
- Working knowledge of industry standards in project management and development methodologies including PRINCE2, PMP, Lean, Kanban, Agile & Waterfall
- Commercially aware with an understanding of tender processes
- Enthusiastic with strong, creative and persuasive writing skills, confident in articulating complex solutions, ideas and concepts for a non-technical audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to disseminate information to a range of audiences; both written and verbally. Being able to communicate technical information to business personnel and vice-versa is desirable
- Digital Agency experience, or experience within a web development based role is desirable Equal opportunities:
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.