Breakfast Broadcast Journalist
A full-time journalism job at Radio Essex in Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Posted 2 August 2017, 4.08am edt
- Location: Southend on Sea
- Contract: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Radio Essex is an expanding local radio station, which has recently relaunched with a hit music format. Our core audience is the 25-34 age group, so our sound is fresh, vibrant and current. Our news output covers the stories that matter to the whole of Essex, a large, diverse and ever-changing county. We’re looking for a talented Broadcast Journalist to join our new-look Hit Music Breakfast team in our purpose-built studios on Southend Seafront.
As the successful candidate in this role you’ll be a qualified Broadcast Journalist with a great broadcast voice, a passion for developing local news and a brilliant on-air tone. You’ll have the ability to approach stories from different angles to make sure the listener sits up to take notice.
You’ll be working on our new, flagship breakfast show, “Hit Music Breakfast”, building a rapport with the presenters and producer. This role is very much to become part of this team, all the while using your journalistic instincts to smash our bulletins out of the park.
As digital becomes an increasingly important part of what radio is all about, we’re moving to marry up our news and online offerings; as our new Broadcast Journalist, you’ll understand the importance of this and be enthusiastic about making this happen.
What you’ll need….
- Experience of writing attention-grabbing copy
- A journalism qualification and experience in a similar role
- Confidence in conducting and editing great interviews
- A strong understanding of media law
- A grasp of all areas of news, including business and sport
- The ability to work both as part of a team and when left to your own devices
- Experience with web and social media would be a bonus, as would working with Burli.
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive salary, as well as plenty of company benefits along with development opportunities and a supportive and positive work environment. All the while you’ll be working at a beachside location in view of the longest pleasure pier in the world!