A full-time programming job at Global in Exeter
Posted 11 October 2017, 5.56am edt
Heart South West is looking for an experienced Producer to lead the team of the region's biggest Breakfast Show with Matt and Victoria. You will be working closely with the Managing Editor and the Breakfast team each day to produce content to build a show that is memorable above all others in Devon and Cornwall. You'll be working across all parts of the show, helping create exciting on air content. Good technical skills are extremely important, as you'll be making production for the show as well as videos that get the show talked about.
What you’ll be doing:
- You'll be in the on-air studio live and actively contributing and planning creative sessions for the show daily.
- You'll be obsessed with the finer details to make every piece of content succeed and have a natural thirst to make things even better tomorrow.
- You’ll create award winning audio and troubleshoot problems .
- You'll have a thorough understanding of broadcast regulations and liaise with the key departments to get the best from the planned content.
- This is a studio producer role, not an audio or imaging producer.
What we expect of you:
- You'll be full of ideas and be able to stimulate others too - always thinking ahead.
- You'll lead the breakfast show every day.
- You will have a keen interest and passion for the content and music on Heart and an acute awareness of how to engage the target audience.
- You'll be able to manage some of the very best talent in the industry.
- You'll know and respond positively to the needs and expectations of others to achieve the right outcome.
- You'll be confident when working towards your own personal objectives as well as helping others in achieving business goals, regularly setting and stretching new standards.
- You'll have loads of experience from working in a similar type of role and confident using Studio Playout Systems, Adobe Audition, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and competent on all social media platforms.
- You’ll need patience, sense of humour, a positive attitude, the ability to be calm under pressure and a trustworthy work ethic.
Who you'll be working directly with:
- Managing Editor
- Regional Managing Editor
- Station Producer
- Content Solutions Team
- Regional Marketing Team