PRO A full-time engineering job at Westbrook Communications in London
Posted 20 February 2018, 9.08am est
Westbrook Communications provides specialist technical support services to the Broadcast Radio industry. Our clients include local, national, international and internet radio stations. As well as supporting studio facilities, we manage a number of transmission sites. We also provide out of hours support services to around 20 local and national radio stations in the UK.
We are seeking an experienced Broadcast Engineer to join us, based in London. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a number of broadcasters in the capital, maintaining and upgrading their studio and transmission facilities. Your responsibilities will include a mixture of on-site support, remote support and being on an out-of-hours support rota, as well as assisting with installations and project work as required. You will be the main point of contact between our company and our broadcast clients.
- Regularly attend each site and work with the client to ensure any technical issues or queries are resolved
- Routine maintenance of studios and technical systems
- Remotely resolving support issues and updating our helpdesk system
- Providing monthly reports both internally and to each client
- Taking support calls out of hours on a rota basis
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Liaising with third party suppliers
- Panning and running occasional outside broadcasts
- Working on new projects, including design, programming and installation
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of working in a live broadcast environment, preferably radio is vital
- Excellent knowledge of analogue wiring systems, including Krone frames and installing and changing jumpering, and soldering xlr and jack connectors
- Knowledge of broadcast systems, including common transmission chain equipment, mixers and studio equipment, studio to transmitter links and transmission systems
- Experience of supporting RCS Zetta and Burli systems
- Experience of supporting IT systems including switches and routers, servers and workstations
- Previous experience of being on call out of hours
- Experience of Axia systems would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable even when under pressure
- Ability to manage your time, work alone unsupervised and also work as part of a small team
- Ability to resolve complex problems quickly under pressure
- Ability to fault find equipment to circuit board level, and replace components including soldering/desoldering
- Excellent customer service skills, and ability to provide our clients with first class service
- Ability to maintain and use up to date documentation
- Appreciate the unique nature of a live broadcast environment
You’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme, a company laptop and a mobile phone. Salary will be generous and dependent on experience. This is a full time permanent position. A driving licence is vital, and your own vehicle extremely beneficial.
PRO This company paid to remove all advertising from this page, and to highlight their job in listings.