A full-time journalism job at Radio Plymouth in Plymouth
Posted 14 September 2017, 8.40am edt
Plymouth’s independent local radio station, Radio Plymouth, is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Broadcast Journalist to join our small but perfectly formed team!
Based in a dynamic waterside university City with a powerful military heritage, the successful candidate will need to source and write news stories, record and edit interviews and read bulletins.
- An excellent communicator with a great voice
- Hard working, creative and talented
- Comfortable broadcasting live
- Conversant with all relevant journalistic guidelines, including the Broadcast Code
- Resourceful and enterprising: full of ideas about how to create off-diary stories
- Sufficiently resilient to work in a pressured environment
- A self-starter; you’ll be compiling most of the news output on your own, whilst being a key part of a small team
- A fast worker; as well as the hourly routine of bulletins, you’ll be updating our website and providing content for our social media platforms
- Adept with studio technologies; ideally RCS’s Burli news software and Zetta playout system
- Able to cope with tight deadlines and competing demands on your time
Please don’t apply if:
- You’re more comfortable with a regular nine-to-five job
- You need high levels of support
- You prefer relying on press releases rather than generating ideas and getting them to air
- You don’t know much about Plymouth
How to apply: Please email a short example of your news reading and, ideally, a link to any online work you’ve done. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary in accordance with experience, attitude & Ability.