A full-time digital job at JACK/Union JACK in Oxford
Posted 16 May 2018, 11.06am edt
Are you a dynamic, team-focused go-getter with an inspirational, can-do attitude?
Neither are we.
But if you’re a bit of a digital boffin with top video and writing skills, take a look at this.
At JACK, we’re after someone to help out with all things digital. It’ll include stuff like:
- Making videos (planning, filming and editing)
- Churning out social media content - silly stuff, visualised show content and stuff that pushes people to listen to the radio. Preferably JACK.
- Working on social media strategy - how can you throw out what we’re doing at the moment and do something unexpected?
- Replying to listener emails and social media questions
- Live tweeting shows (sometimes at funny hours)
- Penning stuff for the websites and keeping them up to date
We’d really like to find someone who’s a strong writer, preferably has some video-making experience and definitely has a silly streak. JACK doesn’t do normal or predictable, so we’d rather you didn’t take things too seriously and know how to do the unexpected. You’ll be steering your own ship to a large extent. You don’t need experience in the radio industry - we’ll get you up to speed on all that kind of stuff.
JACK’s based in the dumpiest building in radio (it’s far nicer inside), just north of Oxford city centre. We’re a team of about 30 who run JACKfm, JACK 2 Hits and JACK 3 in Oxfordshire, as well as Union JACK nationally. Plus there’s a shiny new fifth station coming soon which’ll also be national. You’ll be working on digital stuff for all of them.
If you bag the job, you’ll be here Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 (mostly) - and we’ll get you oodles of support, a decent pay cheque, all the Adobe software and training you’d like, more creative freedom than you have time to do it all in, and a comfy chair.