Freelance Business Development & Fundraising Manager
A freelance and contract management job at RadioReverb in Brighton
Posted 26 June 2019, 6.34am edt
RadioReverb is a unique radio station looking for an experienced individual to join the team as a Freelance Business Development & Fundraising Manager.
RadioReverb is Brighton’s not-for-profit radio station, broadcasting on 97.2FM, on DAB+ and online. The radio station is the voice of the local community, with a team of home-grown, volunteer broadcasters.
We produce a vibrant mix of accessible, locally-relevant speech and music programmes, firmly rooted in the city's community. RadioReverb is dedicated to providing a stimulating forum for learning and the expression of local ideas, informed by principles of social gain. As a representative and accountable community radio station we reflect and respond to the social, cultural and educational needs of the diverse Brighton and Hove community.
The landscape of local radio in Brighton & Hove is changing: local radio might be getting smaller but RadioReverb is getting bigger. We are seeking a Freelance Business Development & Fundraising Manager to help develop the station’s business strategy and build relationships with companies and the rest of the community at this exciting time for the station.
Job Specification: You will develop business and other community relationships across the city of Brighton and Hove, developing new business strategies and income streams for the station alongside other team members, and identifying and implementing new ways to ensure RadioReverb’s long term financial and organisational sustainability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review RadioReverb’s business strategy and implement positive and constructive changes
- Ensure the station can remain financially sustainable in a crowded local radio market
- Develop innovative funding opportunities
- Promote the station brand and increase awareness with both businesses and the community
- Seek new business opportunities from across the city
- Generate sponsorship leads and engage with prospective business partners
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Develop promotional strategies and activities with the station directors and other team members
- Liaise with the finance, production, technical teams and directors, as appropriate
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Understand the needs of the station and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet them
- Increase the income RadioReverb receives through sponsorship, grants, partnerships and merchandise
- Ensure any received funds are suitably reinvested in the station
Person Specification - Essential
- Have a proven track record of increasing business engagement and income streams
- Have the proven ability to work independently but also be a good team player
- Have the ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Have great face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Be a confident self-starter who is pro-active and friendly
- Be able to identify and pursue ways to maximise revenues by utilising new and innovative ideas
- Understand the needs and lifestyles of the Brighton and Hove business community and its residents
- Have proven experience of how to ensure organisations are successful and sustainable
- Have the proven tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
Person Specification - Desirable
- Have an interest in and knowledge of the radio industry
- Have an interest in and knowledge of RadioReverb, its guiding principles and where it sits in the local and national media landscape
- Have a knowledge of the ways in which voluntary organisations operate
Key Area: Digital Media / Broadcast Media Fee £16,200 + %age commission on sales Hours: 30 hours per week over 52 weeks Location: Brighton Freelancer will be responsible for their own tax / NIC
Additional Information: The role is varied and at times complicated because of the grass roots nature of the radio station. However, you join at an exciting time for an industry going through a lot of change, which presents new opportunities for innovative fundraising.