Graphic Designer & Copywriter
A full-time digital job at Celador Radio in Southampton
Posted 16 October 2017, 11.43am edt
Role: Graphic Designer and Copywriter Territory: Group Reporting to: Digital Managing Editor Location: Southampton, Bristol or Basingstoke
What we’re all about: Celador Radio owns and operates twenty six local and regional radio stations across the UK. We are dedicated to championing the individual creativity inherent in our stations and talent because we believe this is the only way to deliver high quality local content at a national level. What the job entails:
You will be responsible for all aspects of graphic design for Celador Radio as well as creating all commercial pages that sit within our digital platforms. Responsibilities include:
- All elements of visual design across the business and individual radio brands
- Writing all commercial copy for our online platforms
- Production of presentation materials for commercial teams
- Creating broadcast maps and media packs for our radio brands
- Design of company advertising and branded merchandise
- Creation and implementation of company brand guidelines
- Working closely with the digital managing editor to bring creative vision to life across all digital platforms
- Working closely with Head of Press on the look and feel of our brands
- Proficient in MailChimp
What are we looking for?
- At least a year’s experience in a similar role. Prior experience within the broadcasting industry desirable but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable using popular content management systems
- Must be proficient in HTML and CSS
- Must possess strong copy writing skills and is able to take client key messages and turn them in to engaging online copy
- Hugely creative individual
- Able to understand brand values, brand strategy and translate into compelling designs across multiple platforms
- Social media savvy
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven and able to effectively plan and prioritise
As well as this, it’s important that you can demonstrate Celador’s values:
- Freedom to be creative, to come up with new ideas, to do things differently and to be ourselves.
- Dedication to creating the highest quality output.
- Care for our teams and the local communities we serve.
- Above everything else to have a passion for radio.
In the promotion of equal opportunities Celador Radio welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs.