Head of Business Development
A full-time job at Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited in Hatfields, London
Posted 15 March, 2017 in Sales
Head of Business Development – talkSPORT, London
About Wireless Group
Wireless Group is a leading UK and Irish media company, and part of the News Corp portfolio of brands. It comprises 16 radio stations across England and Wales, including talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio, seven radio stations across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, an advertising house sales house based in Dublin and a growing digital division incorporating Simply Zesty and Tibus. It also has stakes in eight of the UK's digital radio multiplexes.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for developing the sponsorship, promotional, creative solutions and digital revenues across our direct and independent agency group.
Leading a sales team that illustrates great attitude, extensive sales skills, full understanding of a client’s business and delivering effective business solutions.
This will be achieved by illustrating our amazing media offering through the utilisation of all available media platforms and properties as well as providing an outstanding client / agency sales service.
- To formulate and produce an effective sales strategy.
- Demonstrate new creative opportunities and illustrate how revenues will grow year on year across the business.
- To hit the overall hub target for the year. To deliver these agreed targets by platform
- To manage the group across all areas of the sell, ensuring they achieve their business targets by platform
- Directly manage a team, whilst guiding the account managers and execs in delivering the ideas, sales collateral and follow up service across all areas of the business
- To deliver and budget for insight / research where necessary to ensure the repeat business ratio continues to grow and price increase charged can be justified.
- To forecast accurate revenue by property and inform the Sales Director / Director of Business Development as to when this forecast changes.
- To work with the Sales Director / Director of Business Development to agree the deal, pricing and sales strategy across all properties of the business.
- Trade within the agreed pricing strategy so that it meets the hub annual target requirements
- To create an environment for communication to flourish across the hub and to ensure every possible lead is followed up through pro-active initiatives.
- To ensure weekly communications within the hub, as well as the relevant people outside the hub structure.
- To ensure that the team delivers the business strategy with a strong customer service attitude and passion.
Create regular training / communication forums to make sure all relevant personnel are informed and confident in our
- Working with Activation and Editorial departments to improve the delivery of the business
- To continually strive to improve our offering and challenge our levels of service.
- To work with the Finance department to ensure minimal bad debt / queries.
- To assist the other HBDs in ensuring appropriate levels of performance and work standards are set and adhered to right across the business.
- To coach, appraise, support and develop the team at every opportunity.
- To adhere to and implement equal opportunities and other HR policies across the team.
- To support the Wireless Group management team as required
Wireless Group GB is an Equal Opportunities employer.