Head Of I.T. and Broadcast Services
A full-time engineering job at iRadio in Athlone
Posted 5 December 2017, 6.45am est
iRadio broadcasts to fifteen counties across the West, North West, Midlands and North East of Ireland. The station now commands 341,000 listeners each week. iRadio are seeking Head Of I.T. and Broadcast Services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all office, studio and broadcast I.T. systems - along with overseeing the transmission network located across 18 sites (working with 3rd party services supplier).
The ideal person will be:
- Proficient in installation, configuration and support of all types of hardware.
- An expert in system administration of Windows based servers, networking, firewall, VPN and security.
- Fully up to date with management of email servers.
- Proficient in data backup and protection.
- A skilled contract negotiator with excellent budgeting skills and admin. - Highly organised, diligent and efficient with strong prioritising skills.
- Knowledge of RCS broadcast software systems. - Understanding and experience with digital desk systems (Axia).
- Understanding of broadcast transmission systems. - Experience in broadcast studio environments.
- Experience and understanding of general electronics repair. - Knowledge of Mac OS X.
This position is based at our broadcast facilities in Athlone and it’s a 9 – 5:30 job with out of hours calls.
The package includes phone, home broadband and mileage.