A full-time journalism job at Panda Radio in London
Posted 9 August 2018, 5.46am edt
Have you just graduated and looking for a journalism job? Do you have an interest in China and Asia? Want to write features and news?
We’re a busy London based radio station looking for a reporter who can write content for our website, and for our partner sites. We’re looking for someone to cover the China beat.
- Be aware of the major news stories and trends within our coverage areas
- Generate and shape story ideas with a strong story-telling ability
- Work with editors on accurate and insightful coverage
- Contribute to a range of platforms
- Communicate and collaborate with teams across the globe
You’d be writing about UK-China trade and culture, travel, property, business, education and more. Working from our newsroom in Blakfriars (just by the Tate Modern) you’ll be reporting to the Senior Broadcast Journalist or the News Editor.
- Edit and write news stories - combining appropriate text, video, photography, audio and infographics - for publication on pandaradio.co.uk and on our client’s news sites, including some very large international news organisations.
- Demonstrate experience in writing accurate copy to deadlines, while producing content that is creative and engaging for a global audience.
- Monitor breaking and developing news to edit and publish under pressure.
- Pitch and produce original and distinctive stories.
- Be proficient in Wordpress, Photoshop, SEO and news writing.
- Promote stories on social media and across sharing platforms
- Work with producers, editors and journalists under tight time constraints.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and proficiency in the latest digital technology and systems across websites and social media platforms.
- Be able to work hours and schedules as the news cycle demands.
- Solid grasp of current events, geopolitics and international relations, especially Europe & Asia
Video editing experience would be a bonus.