A part-time other job at Vibe 107.6 FM in Watford
Posted 10 July 2019, 8.08am edt
This job is not paid
Vibe 107.6 FM is a community radio station, which provides fantastic experience and training to aspiring broadcasters, presenters, producers and programmers in the area. If you have the skills we are looking for in a new Presenter, then you could be entertaining our wide range of listeners with the best music playlist, engaging features and fun competitions!
It is vital that you are confident, enthusiastic, committed and have the skills to present to a large audience. You are expected to involve your audience through social media, texts and on air so you need to put in the time to be creative and take ownership of your shows. People who only want to introduce songs need not apply. (N.B. To be considered for this voluntary role, you must be able to commit to a minimum of 6 hours, which will cover 2 shows.)
"I joined Vibe after presenting on student radio for 2 years and the step up was huge! Vibe 107.6 gave me the platform to improve as a presenter every single week! i have learnt so many new skills, which have been so vital when presenting on commercial stations and have also met some amazing people who will stay friends with me for life!" Luke Gregory, Presenter on KMFM, Kent.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous experience presenting in commercial/community/student radio, using commercial standard radio broadcasting equipment
- A passion for radio and an interest in Vibe 107.6 FM and South West Herts.
- A confident and enthusiastic sounding voice
- Very good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Excellent and fun ideas for fresh content and features
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for new commercial chart music
- Be punctual and committed
- Adaptable to change as well as quick to find a solution to any problems
Previous team members have gone on to work for Capital, KMFM, Juice, Inrix, Heat Radio, Heart, Kiss, Fire Radio, talkRADIO and LBC, as well as TV channels Sky and E!