Producer, Inspirational Breakfast
A full-time job at Premier Christian Radio in Westminister, London
Posted 21 December, 2017 in Programming
Purpose of Role
To increase the awareness and status of the Premier Gospel brand across our target market. To drive and support the creation of compelling Premier Gospel branded events, compilations, original recordings and other merchandise at a profit.
- Work on daily production of Inspirational Breakfast show, co-ordinating guest booking, script writing and programming themes with the wider team.
- Produce live show, liaising with presenters, taking calls, and overseeing smooth running of programme during transmission
- Write scripts and cues, and compiling of running orders.
- Edit pre-recorded programme elements.
- Repurpose radio content for online.
- Keep social media feed up to date with show information, and responding to feedback.
- Provide information about forthcoming programmes/guests/themes and competitions to the Deputy Programme Director / Programme Director as appropriate, and keep all shared documentation up to date.
- Produce programmes off-site and at and other Christian events where necessary for use on-air.
- Creative contribution to Editorial team meetings when you are present
- To ensure that Premier’s commitment to quality and equality in both dealing with members of staff and the general public is delivered at all times.
- To ensure that Company’s health & safety & data protection polices are adhered and practiced at all times.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time after discussion with the post holder.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in communication.
- Broad understanding of the Church and related issues.
- Experience in radio or media environment.
- Experience in creating engaging and desirable digital content
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Photoshop and other regularly used applications.
- Excellent team working skills.
Abilities and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and public speaking.
- Good broadcasting voice.
- Excellent negotiation skills combined with flexibility.
- Proven administration, multi-tasking, and prioritising and organisational skills.
- Able to work under pressure & good time keeping
- High level of commitment and dedication.
- The post holder will work in a Christian environment, therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.