Producer - Scala Radio
A full-time programming job at Scala Radio in London
Posted 23 April 2019, 9.20am edt
Producing + love of classical + music passion = a unique opportunity at Scala Radio! The UK’s most exciting new radio station, Scala Radio, is looking for a producer to join the Scala team. If you have BOTH first class audio production skills AND a genuine and deep passion for classical music then please read on!
Key Purpose of the Role: To write, produce and deliver, for broadcast relevant programming content material and automated programming for Scala Radio across all broadcast platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce live programming and automated programming delivered to time, scheduled correctly, compliant and ready for broadcast across the Scala Radio schedule. Will involve work at weekends and early shifts.
- To be responsible for operation of the technical systems required for playout and pre-recording during your broadcast period
- To have a good understanding of target audiences’ tastes through experience and research and create relevant content
- To generate creative music and entertainment ideas for new series and one-off specials
- To deliver the station’s format in line with the Music and Content Directors requirements and brand plan
- To ensure correct playout of the station’s automated programming and production systems
- To re-purpose shows for repeat broadcast
- To ensure correct playout of the station’s advertising breaks
- To deliver in time the daily station prep sheet to the studio and presenters
- Ability to use filming and editing to ensure visualisation of content whenever possible for use on-line, on other digital platforms and through social media
- Strong brand-related editorial judgement working collaboratively with the Music and Content Director
- To write scripts for programming, idents, trails and commercial promos.
- The management and production of recording sessions.
- Managing high profile guests & presenters to the Radio Station
- Producing ROT’s of all commercial activity as required
- To ensure presenters comply with the media law and OFCOM regulations in all broadcasts
- To support the Programme Manager to ensure the station administration is run and delivered in a timely and organised manner with knowledge of the internal payments and billing system.
Key Competencies / Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience producing live and pre-recorded programmes
- Experience directing presenting talent in a studio environment
- To be fully skilled in automation and playout systems
- To have a thorough understanding of both contemporary and back catalogue classical music
- To have up-to-date knowledge of media law and OFCOM regulations
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and in high pressure environment
- Must be a confident enough to work alone, without direction and must be a team player
- Ability to generate ideas relevant to the brand
- Experience of Zetta, G-Selector and Audition is essential