Production Manager - Times Radio
A full-time management job at Times Radio in London
Posted 10 February 2020, 4.04am est
“We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. And talkRADIO has become the destination for punchy political discussion and opinion, reaching more listeners than ever before. We also create some of the most popular radio in Ireland. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities. We’re investing in the future of digital radio and - with Wireless Studios - we’re at the forefront of the podcasting revolution. All this success is only possible because of the passion, expertise and commitment of our brilliant people.” Scott Taunton, CEO, Wireless
“We are Times Radio. We are a new and innovating voice in national digital radio. Broadcasting live and daily, we will deliver provocative, well-informed, entertaining and useful discussion covering the key stories of the day, and informing the national debate. Launching later this year, we will bring together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times, and beyond, with the world-class speech radio and podcasting experience of Wireless. And we’re looking for the right people to be part of this ground-breaking launch.” Stig Abell, Launch Director, Times Radio
Your role: As Production Manager on Times Radio, you will take charge of the logistical and organisational side of the station, looking after a motivated, medium-sized team and ensuring that things run smoothly and safely.
Day to day you will:
- Organise and keep across the production process to ensure the right logistics and technical requirements are in place
- Look after the staffing schedules and make sure there’s enough resilience to cope with last-minute changes
- Welcome new starters and ensure there’s an excellent induction process
- Organise work experience, with a particular focus on achieving diversity
- Work with the editorial teams to arrange special coverage, including OBs and other special projects, taking responsibility for the organisational side and ensuring it stays within budget
- Work with external stakeholders to deliver ad hoc projects as needed
- Take responsibility for safety across all aspects of the production and working environment
- Co-ordinate compliance
- Recommend and implement new ways of working to keep Times Radio at the cutting edge of newsroom innovation
What we’re looking for from you:
- Extensive experience in production management on a range of productions - both in studios and on location
- Great organisational skills and an ability to juggle a large workload under pressure
- Good understanding of the pressures of a busy newsroom
- A friendly person with an approachable and can-do manner
- Tried and tested approach to safety and good understanding of radio compliance
What's in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private healthcare
- Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Discounted book store
- Regular in-house speaker events
Equal opportunities: The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
This job closes: 28 February, 2020
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.