A part-time programming job at Vibe 107.6 FM in Watford
Posted 3 April 2019, 7.14am edt
This job is not paid
As a not-for-profit, community radio station, Vibe 107.6 FM provides fantastic experience and training to aspiring broadcasters, producers, programmers and presenters in the area. Previous team members have gone on to work for Capital, KMFM, Juice, Inrix, Heat Radio, Heart, Kiss, Fire Radio and LBC plus TV channels Sky and E!
One of our Production/Programming Assistants has now moved on to a job within a commercial record label and our dynamic Programming Team has a vacancy to fill. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for radio and understand the Vibe 107.6 FM sound...so are you up to the challenge?
Within this role, you will:
- Ensure the station's on air sound meets programming objectives and listener demographics
- Ensure the programming for all show timings is accurately maintained
- Be creative and produce content relevant to the station's demographics
- Support the Programme Controller
- Assist presenters in using the studios and play out systems
You must have the ability to communicate effectively, be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, whilst paying attention to detail. It is essential that you are a self-starter, have the ability to work as part of a team and be flexible in working hours. (We require a minimum commitment of 6 hours per week.) If this sounds like you then read on...!
Specific responsibilities of the Production/Programming Assistant role:
- Ensure the programming for each show is precisely timed through Zetta and plays out accordingly
- Run reports to make sure shows are broadcast as programmed, identifying any necessary remedial action
- Act as the first point of contact for Zetta, GSelector and Airwaves regarding technical issues
- Assist in modifying clocks in GSelector in response to scheduling requirements
- Assist in the recommendation, sourcing and loading of music and content for all playlists
- Work closely with Breakfast and Drive presenters, and assist in setting up shows in programming and production
- Assist producers with creating content, bidding for interviews, scheduling social media and creating a show that targets our key demographic
- Work with presenters to ensure the Vibe 107.6 FM sound is consistently delivered
- Assist in the delivery of outside broadcasts or events in which Vibe 107.6 FM is involved
- Upload adverts to Zetta
- Schedule adverts and run reports in Airwaves
You should have experience of using playout software and of broadcasting at some level, as well as some specialist knowledge of theory and the practice of broadcasting. Ideally you will have an understanding of, or live locally to, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans and South West Herts. With regards to qualifications, you must have at least 5 GCSE's or equivalent.