A full-time programming job at 107 JACK fm Berkshire in Reading
Posted 14 October 2016, 12.38pm edt
A very rare opportunity has arisen to come and play with the JACK fm brand at 107 JACK fm Berkshire.
As one of the UK’s few remaining truly independent radio stations, you’ll be in charge of what comes out of the speakers, with a much smaller reporting line than you’ll see elsewhere. Which means you can make a real difference in shaping the radio station, within the JACK fm brand guidelines.
There aren’t many roles like this left in UK radio!
Your first task will be to recruit and develop a brand new breakfast show.
You’ll be responsible for developing the programming team, working to increase audience and helping to increase revenue opportunities by creating and executing great S&P concepts.
- You’re comfortable devising and executing sponsorship and promotional ideas (from creating the proposal, to writing the script and producing the Post Campaign Analysis)
- You know GSelector and Zetta inside out, and understand how to schedule music (there’s no group playlist here to integrate!)
- You’ve successfully attracted talent and coached them to produce a successful breakfast show
- You have a strong understanding of how to create and present relevant local content
- You can analyse RAJAR figures using Octagon and produce a presentation so that the sales team understand what it means to them
- You’ll be keen to win awards (and produce the award winning content)
- You’ll know the Ofcom broadcast code and Radio Centre Clearance Copy Guidelines inside out
- You’ll be comfortable on air covering the breakfast show when the presenter is on holiday
We’re based in the Madejski Stadium in Reading and owned by Sir John Madejski, the founder of Autotrader. Life here is good – and is just quick train ride from the centre of London, or a nip down the M3 to the beaches of Bournemouth. It’s one of the most affluent areas in the UK with Reading Festival, Henley Regatta, Heston Blumenthal’s restaurant The Fat Duck, the Prime Minister Teresa May and the famous residents of Sonning all on our doorstep.
If you rely on a group PD, a group music scheduler, group IT support and group production, this role isn’t for you. But if you’re looking the freedom to create some amazing radio, under the support of the proven and successful JACK fm brand, whilst working to tight budgets to keep costs under control, then get in touch and tell us how you’ll achieve this.