A full-time digital job at talkSPORT in London
Posted 23 April 2018, 12.22pm edt
How do you fancy running the World’s biggest sports radio station - talkSPORT?
Managing a presenting line-up including Alan Brazil, Darren Gough, Ray Parlour, Jim White, Lawrence Dallaglio and David Ginola as well as over 500 games of football a season and a host of other sporting events, including exclusive commentary of England’s cricket tours of Sri Lanka and West Indies.
We are looking for a dynamic sports-loving Programme Director to harness the award winning team and drive the station forward across 2018 and beyond.
You will need to be a hugely creative individual with proven experience in talent management and devising and implementing long-term strategies to grow listening across talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2.
Both stations are 24/7 so you will be a hard worker who can think and react quickly to a shifting spots agenda.
- Proven ability to generate original programming strands and to think creatively about how to communicate them to listeners.
- Proven experience in leading, developing and motivating teams. Ability to lead with confidence and decisiveness
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate sound editorial judgement with the ability to handle breaking news and a changing sports agenda.
- Experience of managing station budgets
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Encourage creativity from the presentation and production teams
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the law, ethics and Ofcom regulations
- Work with National Controller to identify possible sports rights and talent acquistions.
- Strong IT skills
- Extensive knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, as well as audience demographics
- Proven experience in talent management including developing presenters.
- Ability to work with the talkSPORT’s sister station talkSPORT2, to grow both reach and hours across the sports network.
- Collaborate closely with the social media team for effective use of pushing content across station and programme channels.
- Work with the digital team to utilise content beyond on air.
- Ability to collaborate and positively influence internal stakeholders