A full-time creative job at Wireless in Dublin
Posted 25 January 2019, 5.54am est
We are: Wireless is a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News Corp UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates 32 national and local radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
These include talkSPORT, which is the world’s biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio.
From FM104 in Dublin, to 96.4 The Wave in Swansea, our local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their local communities.
Job Title: Promotions Supervisor
Your role - FM104/Q102
You will be the team leader for both FM104 & Q102’s Promotional team. You will liaise closely with the Promotional Team manager to ensure the team are at their highest standard and working to the best of their ability. You will also create conditions that are conducive to success and a safe environment at all times.
Day to day you will:
- You will manage both teams, Q102 & FM104, therefore you will be asked to work for both stations each week.
- You will be looking after uniforms, getting sizes, ensuring there are extras and working alongside Promotional Team manager to pick uniform.
- Every second week you will meet with Promotional Team Manager and Sponsorships & Promotions to discuss how things are going and what is/isn’t working.
- You will help with rostering for both FM104 & Q102 and always be on the hunt for new locations/events for the team/Roadhog to attend.
- You will liaise with Sales & Agency on shifts to create detailed briefs for teams.
- You will cover Reception Lunch and Reception Holidays/Sick Leave.
- Cover Promotional Team Manager when sick or on Holidays.
- You will do office admin as well as on street promotional work.
What we’re looking for from you:
Loyalty - We want someone who is brand loyal and passionate about all things Q102 & FM104.
Organised - It’s really important you have great organisational skills as you will be tasked with managing and rostering two teams.
Reliable - You are the leader, so you must encourage the team to maintain good time keeping and are handing in their briefs and sending photos on time. We need to ensure when we send the team to certain locations and meeting clients, that they are fully briefed so we can rely on them to do their job to the best of their ability.
Adaptability - you are working for two station that have completely different audiences, listeners and followers. We need to ensure the teams are aware of this and can cater to both targeted audiences.
Creative - The promotional teams hold the responsibilities to post on behalf of the team at certain events. This requires creativity to come up with new and different content to ensure our feed is not monotonous.
You also need to be creative with the roster, if there is a quiet week - come up with some different and fun ideas to get the brands out there! This includes holidays such as Valentine’s Day and Halloween!
- Initiative- Thinking on your feet and being a problem solver is key for this role. There may be weekends where managers or sales reps are not available and some issues arise where you need to get control of the situation.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.