A temporary journalism job at BFBS in Chalfont St Peter, UK
Posted 11 October 2019, 9.44am edt
BFBS Radio is looking for a talented and multi skilled presenter.
If you’re excited about putting audiences front and centre of everything you do and making a positive difference to their morale, this is a game-changer of a career opportunity.
Every day, we want you to create fun, entertaining and relevant content (within our 70% music, 30% speech format), for the British armed services, their families and the wider connected community.
- Resourceful, innovative, flexible and reliable, with bags of personality and enthusiasm both on and off air.
- Currently presenting a regular, live, music-led show (or will recently have done so).
- Self opp’ing and producing.
- Not ‘phased’ by the idea of researching, recording and editing interviews and speech content - we can help with training.
- Happy learning to voice-track programmes.
- A team player, full of ideas; developing your own shows and contributing to others.
- Social-savvy – but also keen to develop your techniques, with support from our experts.
- Excited about the prospect of living and working alongside the UK Armed Forces, at home and overseas – from Germany to Gibraltar, Canada to Cyprus, Buckinghamshire to Brunei.
We can offer you:
- Familiarisation time at BFBS HQ (we can help you with somewhere to stay).
- Full support in developing your talent in creative, non-commercial, ideas-led environments.
- A generous leave scheme.
- A 6% employer contribution to a fully portable pension plan.
- Subsidised accommodation whenever you’re working overseas.
- A competitive salary and other benefits we’re happy to chat more about.
For the right candidate, this is a life-changing opportunity to make exceptional radio for an extraordinary audience. A willingness to live in a military community and a sense of adventure are both essential. Talk to us about the opportunity for your spouse, partner and family to go with you.
Find out more about us at www.forces.net/radio and for an informal chat about this opportunity contact Mike.firstname.lastname@example.org or Mario.email@example.com
BFBS is a military charity and media organisation with a mission to inform, entertain, connect and champion the UK serving military, their families and veterans. We have been keeping the serving military connected and in touch for over 75 years, building morale and offering those serving overseas a valuable connection to life back home. We help them feel happier, know what’s going on around the world, share experiences and build communities.
Today, our TV, radio and digital platforms offer entertainment, news, sport and information services to the Armed Forces, their families, veterans and anyone interested in the military.
In recent years, building on our in-depth knowledge of the military and our digital, media and technological innovation expertise, we have also developed value-for-money commercial services for the military and other government clients. These include digital and creative services, a training and development academy, and pioneering technical media and communication solutions that work even in the most extreme environments.
Why work for us?
BFBS is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are committed to looking after our people, helping them to develop their skills and build successful careers.
So, whether your background is military, media, digital, broadcast – or perhaps something else – if you want to work with talented and passionate colleagues to help us in our mission to entertain, inform, connect and champion the UK Armed Forces, please take a look at our current vacancies.
Please go to http://jobs.ssvc.com/2027241176 apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and a covering letter, telling us why you are the right person for this role and detail your salary expectations. It would be helpful if you could also tell us where you found out about this role. We also require a demo of no more than 3 minutes, showing the full range of your skills.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 28th October 2019 at 10.00.
Interviews are likely to be the held on the w/b: 4th November 2019
We thank you for your interest and application. We can’t guarantee being able to respond to all applicants, therefore, if we do not contact you by 31st October 2019, you have not been successful at this time.
This job closes: 28 October, 2019
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.