Sales Director (Radio Advertising)
A full-time sales job at Choice Consultants in Glasgow
Posted 27 April 2018, 11.50am edt
A rarely available opportunity for a driven Sales Director to work for one of Scotland’s key award winning media brands. The Company Our client in an established national and international media group at the forefront of their sector. They provide their clients with a range of innovative and ground-breaking media platforms designed to place their customers brands and media messages at the front of their audiences mind. Their radio division is uniquely placed in the market with many of the UK’s biggest radio brands and one of the UK’s largest networks of analogue and digital stations. They are now looking for a Sales Director for their award-winning team at one of Scotland’s biggest stations.
The Role You will be responsible for managing the commercial team which includes experienced Account Managers (Sales Executives), a Creative department, Sponsorship & Promotions team and Web Team. The role involves
- Maintaining a high profile with Clients and local media agencies
- Positively contributing to the overall management of the station and to the wider National team of Sales Directors.
- Key to your role is to provide strategic direction to the overall commercial team within the station.
- Leading, managing, coaching, training and developing the team.
- Maximising revenue and growth of the business to meet and exceed the company targets and objectives.
- Deliver the best commercial terms for the business and in turn the best outcomes for your partners.
- Development of all local revenue including airtime, sponsorship and promotions, creative, interactive and new revenue streams.
- Achieve local revenue targets and report, analyse and forecast revenue.
- Identification of new revenue opportunities and develop the overall sales strategy for the station.
The Candidate We are looking for an inspirational and natural leader with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering sales success to a team. You will have experience of managing sales teams and the ability to demonstrate providing innovative media solutions. You will have
- A proven track record in sales management.
- You will require a strong Media Sales background from any sector (i.e outdoor, online, radio, newspaper, magazine, directories, digital etc).
- You will have an in-depth understanding and a passion for the advertising ecosystem.
- A good understanding of and key contacts across the business and media landscape of Glasgow and Central Scotland.
- Previous experience in dealing with team performance and development.
- An ability to lead and inspire sales teams.
- Excellent influencing, communication, motivation and negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate you have successfully delivered sales success to a business.
- An eye for customer service.
- You will be passionate about advertising and media technologies and capable of developing relationships with advertisers through regular sales presentations.
- You will have a good understanding of media buying and campaign planning.
- Naturally creative and full of ideas you will also be able to demonstrate a track record in developing new ideas and winning new business.
The Package In return you will be given the rarely available senior opportunity to work for an international media organisation on one of Scotland leading quality media brands. You will be given initial induction training, development and future career opportunities associated with a major Blue-Chip media organisation. Basic salary negotiable depending upon experience + uncapped bonus + car + benefits associated with a major Blue-Chip media organisation.