A full-time sales job at Wireless in Wigan
Posted 28 November 2018, 10.18am est
We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates 32 national and local radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
These include talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio. From FM104 in Dublin, to 96.4 The Wave in Swansea, our local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their local communities.
Job Role: Sales Executive Location: Wigan
The role of Sales Executive at either of these popular radio stations, Wish FM, Wire FM or Tower FM is to work tirelessly on behalf of local businesses to reach the biggest potential audience with the strongest most persuasive advertising campaigns.
You will create and run your own client list supported by our creative solutions team who will provide you with the strongest possible digital, creative and branded content in your marketplace.
Day to day you will:
- Identifying and developing new prospects to add to your list
- Prospecting and self-generating new business appointments
- Establish prospective clients needs to gain opportunities.
- Working with our Creative solutions team to generate ideas that fulfil client needs from a wide portfolio of products including, commercial production, airtime planning, sponsorships, events and digital.
- Presenting opportunities and closing business.
- Account managing clients through the whole process and on to future opportunities.
What we’re looking for from you:
- ATTITUDE: You will always approach your work with a positive professional manner with a mind set that focusses on solutions and opportunity and driven belief in achieving. You will be the type of individual that thrives under autonomy, personal responsibility and accountability.
- ACTIVITY: You will have an outstanding work ethic that recognises results come from hard work maximising every opportunity and recognising that results come from the hard work you put in.
- PROCESS: You will have the openness to learn and follow proven sales process of the creative led sell always putting the clients need first to generate solutions that clients will buy in to and benefit from.
What's in it for you? This is a fantastic opportunity for you to embrace a new challenge or take your next step in media sales within an exciting radio station environment. For the right person, this job represents an exciting opportunity to join a successful company and be a key player in steering its future and to take on more responsibilities for business growth. In return for your previous experience, future potential and dedication we offer a competitive salary, company car and an excellent commission structure.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.