A full-time job at Gaydio in Manchester or London
Posted 29 September, 2017 in Sales
If you’re passionate about selling and are self motivated, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are Gaydio, the UK’s only radio station for LGB&T people. We broadcast on DAB Digital Radio across London, Brighton, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cambridge and Portsmouth to a weekly audited audience of half a million people. We have recently been awarded an FM licence for Brighton and Hove and have been broadcasting on FM in Manchester since 2010.
Due to our fast growth, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strategically-minded and, above all, passionate person to join the team either at our Manchester headquarters (Manchester role), or field based (London role).
You will concentrate on clients throughout the UK, developing new campaign ideas, demonstrating great account management skills and be motivated by winning new business. The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio (although we’re still keen to hear from great candidates who’ve not sold radio before).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the Gaydio brand, becoming an ambassador for the station
- Seeking new business opportunities, mainly with direct clients, but with some agency crossover
- To devise and plan bespoke campaigns to meet the customers objectives
- To work with the production team to implement campaign ideas
- To account manage the client, reporting back results to them.
Key Measure of Success
- To achieve monthly targets
- To ensure full accurate information about the deliverables is passed onto the relevant teams
- Be money-orientated
- Be a confident self-starter who is pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently
- Have an ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Have a proven track record of selling advertising and sponsorship ideally in a radio environment
- Ability to spot and put forward ways to maximise revenues by utilising new and innovative ideas
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Good attention to detail
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Results driven
- Good numeracy skills I* s willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGB&T people
- Full Clean Driving License (desirable but not essential)
To apply - visit http://www.gaydio.co.uk/contact/sales-exec/
This job closes: 27 October, 2017
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.