A full-time sales job at The Wave & Swansea Sound in Swansea
Posted 4 April 2019, 12.02pm edt
What’s my role?
Location: Swansea - The Wave & Swansea Sound
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Sales Manager role is to lead and manage the day to day sales operations of the radio station. Specifically focussing on maximising local direct sales to clients and local agencies, you will develop your teams to efficiently and effectively market the full range of products available from your station to your client base.
As a “can do”, entrepreneurial leader, you inspire and lead your teams to success, developing individuals along the way. As the Sales Manager, you will develop and implement the product, price and people strategy of the commercial department.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
Working with key stakeholders in sales, creative solutions and programming, the successful candidate will:
- Lead and implement the total creative led sell sales process to generate effective results for our clients, generating consistent growth in advertising, creative and SPI revenues for the station.
- Forward plan to ensure long term revenue growth, implementing and leading new ideas from concept to completion to achieve revenue growth
- Lead the Annual Airtime membership sales program for your station, ensuring client acquisition projects deliver the required revenues and client numbers
- Monitor, set and implement rate and inventory parameters of your sales team liaising with your Station director, traffic and inventory team
- Source, build and manage a profitable personal client base in line with agreed targets within a well managed 66 list system to demonstrate a leading from the front attitude to your team
- Identify and explore new business opportunities for your station, implementing ideas to stimulate growth in revenue where appropriate in conjunction with your station director
- Ensure weekly benchmarking of sales activity and measure KPIs for each team member
- Give constructive feedback and coaching to improve sales performance each week in a structured weekly 1:1 with each team member.
- Define required levels of knowledge, skill and attitude for all salespeople and develop these consistently ensuring any training needs/gaps of your team are rapidly addressed.
- Recognise and reward outstanding achievement and/or behaviour and discipline / performance manage where necessary
- Forecast for the team to your director, report accurately on the realistic 3 mth sales pipeline at all times
Who are my contacts?
You will work closely with the following departments / roles
- All sales departments
- Programming teams
- Group commercial departments
- ILR creative solutions
- Station Management
- Credit control and customer operations departments
What we are looking for?
- Extensive Sales Experience, preferably in a media management role
- Experience in defining and implementing strategic approaches to sales
- Demonstrate a high level of commercial acumen
- Knowledge of the commercial market place.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Passion for sales and radio sales specifically
- Possess strong people and team building skills
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- A management grade company car or car allowance
- A fantastic working environment
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.