Broadcast PR Consultant: Senior Account Executive / Junior Account Manager equivalent
PRO A full-time job at ON Broadcast Communications in LONDON
Posted 5 June, 2017 in Creative
Do you have the nerve and nous to contact the nation’s top broadcasters, get right to the heart of why they should take your stories over any others, and leave them looking forward to your next call? Then we need you.
We’re best known for our skills in Broadcast PR and video production… but our real talent is our news driven and journalistic approach. We combine news generation, video, stunts and media relations to deliver short-term, high-impact campaigns for our clients (who include Kellogg’s, Nationwide, the British Heart Foundation and Kuoni).
The role will suit someone who gets a buzz from delivering results, can remain calm and pragmatic during busy times, and write beautifully crafted news stories and feature pieces.
What’s the job?
- Managing multiple projects and having the organisational skills to ensure these are done so to a high standard.
- Writing press releases tailored for news & consumer media.
- Pitching to and maintaining relationships with journalists across national and regional broadcast media.
What you have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a PR agency or broadcast newsroom.
- Excellent media relationships and contacts – you know the right people for the right opportunities.
- Strong background of planning and excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Ability to understand a story and where it might sit in the broadcast landscape.
Who you are:
- You're a true multi-tasker, with the ability to juggle and support senior members of the team.
- You are a strong writer and quick on your feet. You relish the challenge of a fast-paced environment.
- You understand the broadcast landscape and news cycles. You're cool, calm & collected – you're flexible, independent and enjoy solving problems. You don’t get flustered easily – even under high pressure and fast paced situations.
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £25K-£30K per annum
- 22 days holiday (rising to 28)
- Discretionary bonus
- PMI after 1 year
- £250 birthday bursary
- Cycle scheme or loan for travel card after 1 year
- Relevant training where needed
- Our home is in W1, where we have our own radio studio, a full video production suite, and a bunch of highly skilled, driven and very nice people.
- The team is made up of former broadcast journalists, video and audio producers, and PRs with a keen eye for content and storytelling.
- Our clients give you the chance to work on a huge range of exciting projects. They include big brands (Royal Mail, TSB, Roche), top 150 PR agencies, charities (Dogs Trust, The Eve Appeal, Cats Protection) and public sector bodies (National Apprenticeship Service, National Careers Service).
Get in touch: Please send both your CV with a covering statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any submissions without a covering letter will not be considered.
no agencies please
This job closes: 3 July, 2017
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.
PRO This company paid to remove all advertising from this page, and to highlight their job in listings.