Senior Bid Writer and Academy Lead
A full-time other job at Gaydio in Manchester
Posted 21 May 2018, 8.09am edt
Gaydio is the UK’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans radio station, on DAB in London and the South East and five other areas - on FM in Manchester, and launching a further FM in Brighton in 2018. In addition to our 24/7 broadcast service, we deliver a series of community training projects and on-going opportunities to engage and support LGB&T people.
In the last twelve months alone, we delivered around 30 short-term projects on a range of issues - from marking the anniversary of the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality, to a regular weekly group for under 19s. We worked with over 200 people in 2017 and are proud of the positive impact that this work has on participants’ lives.
This community activity is branded as Gaydio Academy. We’re now looking for someone to help develop the future vision of our Academy programme and help us take it to the next level. This includes identifying and submitting new grant bids to tackle some of the issues that our communities face; leading some of our teaching projects as a trainer; and managing a delivery team to make sure that we deliver the highest quality outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with the Executive Directors to refine our vision and strategy for the Academy programme
- To review the quality of programmes we deliver and see through the implementation of continuous-improvement processes, so we remain relevant and responsive to needs of our audience
- To identify suitable grant and contract funding opportunities that fit with our aims and objectives Developing opportunities by liaising with funders to assess their requirements and coming up with bespoke projects to meet this
- To write compelling grant bids, responding to the needs of LGB&T people
- To project manage all of our Academy activity to ensure it is delivered to specification
- To lead a team of staff and freelancers to ensure effective delivery of commissioned work.
- To work with the projects team to assist with project delivery when required
- To evaluate reasons for success or rejection and produce a monthly report for the Board of Directors outlining this
- To ensure that we meet all reporting requirements
- To help raise the profile of the Gaydio Academy programme
- To extend the programme to other cities in which Gaydio broadcasts
Key Measure of Success
- To increase committed funding year-on-year, including the portion of overheads
- To ensure all projects are delivered to time and on budget
- To increase the external profile of the Gaydio Academy
- Has experience of applying for and winning grant and contract bids (essential) – this will take up at least 50% of your time
- Has worked in a position of responsibility with examples of delivering organisational change
- Can demonstrate strong personal and team organisation skills
- Able to develop ideas that is within Gaydio’s capacity to deliver which link to wider development plans
- Can demonstrate research skills and develop evidence-based cases.
- Has examples of working to deadlines
- Evidence of forming good relationships internally and externally
- Has an excellent attention to detail
- Strives for quality, looking for ways to continually improve
- Open and honest, with strong personal integrity
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Able to evidence good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Can demonstrate understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGB&T people