Senior Broadcast Journalist
A full-time journalism job at Global Radio in Manchester
Posted 24 July 2019, 11.53am edt
- Job Description
About Us Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. The company headquarters is in London’s iconic Leicester Square.
Do you want to work in one of the busiest news patches in the country? With the opportunity to get into some national reporting for the leading news brand LBC? Well read on….
- The successful journalists will be expected to be able to read the news, live and pre recorded. As well AS put together packages and carry out live reporting. You will need to have a passion for the big stories as well as coming up with exciting, fresh ideas for original content. News is 24/7, so an understanding this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job is essential. You should know what to do when news breaks and be flexible enough to help cover it.
- Anything else? Yes plenty!
- You will regularly provide content for Heart, Smooth and Capital as well as our national talk station LBC. You will need to be a great diary planner, knowing what will make the audience tick. You will have excellent networking skills, you will know the movers and shakers and who will bring a story to life. You should be a dab hand on the socials too.
- A sound knowledge of the law and broadcasting code is essential.
- You will have a full, clean UK Driving License, and been driving for a minimum of a year.
Who you will work with: …
- Regional News Editor
- Deputy Regional News Editor’s News Editor
- Senior Broadcast Journalists Regional and London News Teams LBC Producers