Social Media Coordinator
A part-time marketing job at Vibe 107.6 FM in Watford
Posted 3 December 2018, 5.16am est
This job is not paid
Vibe 107.6 FM is looking for a new Social Media Coordinator! This is a great part-time opportunity to work in the media sector, optimising our presence on social media channels. Our main objective is to develop brand credibility and advocacy whilst engaging with a demographic aged 20 – 40 years old.
Activities will include:
- Producing content
- Content strategy and implementation
- Developing brand awareness
- Generating online engagement
- Working with presenters and contributors to produce a uniform tone of voice.
- You will also need to have a sound understanding of blogging and community participation. An interest in radio and Vibe 107.6 FM would be very beneficial.
- Develop upon and amend pre-existing social media strategy.
- Provide consistent and engaging content, with a clear call-to-action.
- Create, edit and manage content using a variety of formats including video, images and blogging. (A proficiency in Photoshop, and an ability to edit videos would be helpful in this context).
- Influence and coordinate the design of social media homepages.
- Monitor trends using various social media tools, channels and applications in order to translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for Vibe 107.6 FM’s approach to social media
Qualifications and Experience
- An understanding of Marketing either in theory or practice, and previous work experience is equally valuable.
- Awareness of content marketing theory and application.
- Experience of both the creative and analytical aspects of digital communications.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram), and how these platforms can be fully utilised.
- Maintain excellent writing and language skills.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of blogging.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead on guiding presenters in social media practice and in implementing Vibe 107.6 guidelines.
Hours are flexible and the role can be based around your other study/work commitments. It could also be suitable as a university placement for someone who lives in the area or can easily commute to Watford.
Please note that as a non-for-profit radio station, this is a voluntary role. You must be over 18 years of age to apply and live in Hertfordshire or the surrounding boroughs.
(Vibe 107.6 FM is located less than 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction station and within walking distance (approx. 20 minutes) from Watford Metropolitan tube station.)
Previous team members have gone on to work for Capital, KMFM, Juice, Inrix, Heat Radio, Heart, Kiss, Fire Radio and LBC plus TV channels Sky and E!