Social Media Executive
A full-time marketing job at Fix Radio in London
Posted 14 January 2020, 7.05am est
Fix Radio is a niche radio station targeting UK tradespeople (3 million UK wide). The station is available on DAB in London & Manchester and nationwide via its App and Online. The station offers relatable content, low music repetition and reduced levels of advertising which makes it a suitable fit for tradespeople that are listening to the radio for more than 7 hours a day.
Fix Radio has a very experienced management team and has ambitions to become the number one route to market for UK tradespeople. The station currently has over 50,000 weekly listeners. Under the same management is Tradesmen Banter (Facebook page with 500k trade followers).
We have a young enthusiastic team and are based in Southwark, near Waterloo. It’s a fun and exciting business that is growing very quickly and is in need of a social media executive to help continue to grow and engage our trade audience.
Job opportunity summary:
Fix Radio is looking for a forward-thinking marketing professional to become its social media executive. You will be solely in charge of social media and reporting directly to the CEO. With the size of the organisation your role will very quickly have a tangible effect on the growth of the business (social followers & listenership growth) and each day you will feel you’re contributing to moving the business forward.
As Fix Radio is still relatively new and growing fast, we’re looking for someone with a varied skill set who is happy to take on new challenges with enthusiasm.
You will be responsible for:
- You will be responsible for all of Fix Radio’s digital assets: ○ Facebook account (8.7k followers) ○ Twitter account (2291k followers) ○ Instagram (672 followers)
- Using these tools to effectively promote the radio station with consistent engaging content
- Community management
- We’re looking for you to work closely with our presenters to help promote their shows across our digital assets. This will largely be through video content.
- You’ll be responsible for producing and editing video content
- Producing audio highlights of their current shows to share on social media
- Monthly report back to the CEO on growth/awareness
- Growth in the number of followers on social channels
- Growth in streaming figures of the radio station
We are looking for someone to join our company at a very exciting time. This is an opportunity to be part of a strong ambitious team and help shape the future of the company.
Requirements of the role:
- Bachelors degree
- A least 2-3 years of marketing experience with a proven track record of success
- Entrepreneurial mindset with openness to take on new challenges
- Be able to shoot and edit high-quality video content
- Experienced with audio editing
- Strong understanding of social media
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experience using Final Cut, Adobe Premiere or a similar video editing program.
- Experience using Audacity, Audition or a similar audio editing program
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or a similar graphics program.
- Experience using a social media management platform such as Hootsuite, Tweetdeck or Buffer.
Non-required but would be useful:
- Experience working with HTML / CSS
- Experience using an FTP system such as FileZilla