Social Video Content Producer
A full-time marketing job at Fix Radio in London
Posted 14 January 2020, 7.20am est
Fix Media offers tailored marketing solutions for the trade and construction sector. We have a DAB radio station in London called Fix Radio and one of the largest trade-focused social media pages on Facebook called Tradesmen Banter (450,000 followers). Fix Media provides marketing solutions to Tradespeople with zero wastage. Due to the targeted nature of our offering we’ve been able to quickly attract top brands (Screwfix, Velux, Bosch) prepared to pay a premium to advertise to tradespeople via our targeted platforms.
We have a young enthusiastic team and are based in Southwark, near Waterloo. It’s a fun and exciting business that is growing very quickly and is in need of a social video content producer.
Job opportunity summary Fix Media now owns and operates Tradesmen Banter which is a trade-focused social media page with 500k followers. We repopulate funny user-generated content sent into the page. We also use freelance video content producers to help produce a sponsored content video for clients. We’re wanting to introduce a new revenue stream producing 3-minute videos on the page which we can have ad placement in. This role will be solely focused on producing these 3-minute videos. We’re looking for someone who’s creative and has a good sense of humour.
- Idea creation for 3-minute videos to be posted on Tradesmen Banter
- Combination of shooting original content, repurposing existing content and trying to recruit tradespeople on-site to shoot videos for us
- Ideally, the candidate can shoot and edit content themselves but if not would be expected to manage this process using freelancers
- KPIs: Number of videos produced each month and performance (views/engagement) The videos need to be:
- Pitched correctly for the page and our target market (Funny & aimed towards a trade audience. Male 25-55)
- Economical. We need to make a margin from the advertising revenue so production costs need to be managed efficiently
- Due to the advert placement, you need to consider the optimal positioning of the advert within the video. Ad revenue is linked to keeping the audience captive after the ad break.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- 2 years+ experience
- Experience of the full cycle of creating content from the idea to final execution
- Experience of working with videographers and video editing
- Experience of working in an environment where revenue generation through social platforms is a primary objective
- You have worked in an environment where video content is the most common form of content
- Familia with Facebook’s paid advertising and targeting tools
- Been involved in creating and executing video content which has achieved mass-market reach (000’s views)
- The ideal candidate would have a very good understanding of our target market (tradespeople) and/or displayed a proven track record of quickly understanding new audiences and being able to identify/create content that would be engaging to them.
Abilities & Skills
- First-class social media skills
- Determination, creativity, and enthusiasm along with a sense of humor and positive outlook
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Second to none communication skills, as well as good copywriting and organisation skills, commercial awareness and attention to detail
- A Very creative person with plenty of innovative ideas
- Highly proficient in Photoshop and Video editing to assist with preparing digital assets for use across our networks
- Educated to degree standard, with PR, Media communications or marketing-related degree is desirable