SPI Co-Ordinator – Digital Campaigns
A full-time sales job at Swansea Sound & The Wave in Swansea
Posted 15 July 2019, 10.31am edt
Job Title – SPI Co-ordinator – Digital Campaigns
Station – The Wave & Swansea Sound
An exciting opportunity has become available for the right individual to grow our Sponsorship, Promotions, Digital, and Events revenue here at The Wave & Swansea Sound.
This role is at the very heart of all commercial activity outside of the ad break. It requires the marketing and business acumen to explain the brand value of sponsoring our breakfast show, the creativity, and organisational skills to deliver stand out promotional and digital campaigns, and the ability to event manage huge off-air events around our local area.
We are looking for someone who can create, sell and implement exciting, engaging and effective radio and digital client campaigns.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Take active responsibility for generating Sponsorship, Promotional and Digital revenues alongside the commercial team at The Wave and Swansea Sound
- Achieve and exceed revenue expectations for Sponsorship, Promotions and Interactive streams as well as the total Creative Solutions target
- Create standout client multiplatform campaign concepts for pitch to our local client base.
- Generate close relationships with station clients, secure long term contracts and shorter term tactical campaigns in conjunction with the sales team.
- Proactively create, lead and manage revenue generating promotions and events
- Offer common sense digital product knowledge and show a keen grasp of business drivers behind relevant social media platforms
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, project management and post campaign analysis of booked client campaigns.
- Work with the sales, creative writer and programming team to generate creative campaigns that achieve our client’s objectives and complement our station output.
- Work from a client brief generated by the sales team to create campaign solutions utilising our available platforms on air, off air and online.
- Demonstrate great creative thinking and help generate promotional ideas that will translate into relevant and revenue generating pitches to clients
- Create campaign concepts and effectively communicate proactive revenue generation opportunities to the sales team.
- Create, implement and manage revenue generating events.
- Take personal responsibility for monthly and quarterly revenue targets associated with sponsorship, promotions, digital and events.
- Support revenue efforts by developing new and existing business relationships and attending a minimum of 4 client facing calls per week
- Fully immerse yourself in the programming output, production and technical processes of the radio station, be an expert within the commercial team on station output, our brand, our available platforms and the competitive media landscape.
- Submit script suggestions to programming and manage the production system to make sure all brand, programming and advertising guidelines and checks are adhered to.
- Achieve a clear understanding of Ofcom/broadcasting regulations and codes.
- Must have a full clean driving license
- Must have a good understanding of social media
- There will be a requirement to attend off air events outside of normal working hours which may include evenings and weekends
This will involve all aspects of implementation including but not limited to:
- Arranging technical requirements for events, and handling client liaison alongside the commercial team member that manages account.
- Install a working internal booking system for technical support, presenters and street teams. Publish availability and bookings to relevant stakeholders throughout projects.
- Manage the recruitment of and booking process for street teams.
- Responsible for the booking in and out of promotional apparel and supply of promotional sundries for each event.
- Brand management of the look and feel of our events – provide clear instruction to all team members as to what level of customer service is expected.
Why join us? We’re committed to The Wave & Swansea Sound being a brilliant place to work. Our team is welcoming and supportive with a real desire to achieve.
We offer a competitive basic salary with monthly bonus potential alongside great benefits including 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), attractive company pension scheme, bike to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.