A freelance and contract journalism job at Wandsworth Radio in London Borough of Wandsworth, London, UK
Posted 28 February 2018, 11.24am est
This job is not paid
Wandsworth Radio is a not-for-profit community radio station based in Battersea, London, in the Borough of Wandsworth. The station broadcasts live seven days a week, with live programming at the moment between 7am-2am.
Wandsworth Radio is about the community. It’s about celebrating Wandsworth as the best and brightest borough to live in London and getting local people involved. Wandsworth Radio is not a commercial radio station so we are not about making money. All of the people at the station are volunteers. Since launching on air in 2015 hundreds of local people of all ages and from many diverse backgrounds have volunteered as presenters, newsreaders, producers and technical crew.
Many of our former volunteers have gone on to full-time careers in the Media industry, with people working at the BBC and Sky Sports since leaving us.
We are always looking to expand and are currently looking for volunteers to join our Sports Team. The Sports Show has been on the station since the launch and now has two shows a week, a Midweek Show on Wednesdays (10am-12pm) and the Main Show on Saturdays (3pm-6pm).
We need sports volunteers to:
- Present and/or co-present Sports programmes
- Visit local sports clubs, teams and matches
- Collect audio from these clubs, teams and matches
- Contribute to the monthly Sports blog on the Wandsworth Radio website
- Any other tasks as required from the Sports Editor
Volunteers benefit from being a part of Wandsworth Radio in the following ways:
- Meet interesting local people from diverse backgrounds
- Training in presenting, desk driving and production of a radio show
- Training in Broadcast Journalism, reading, writing and reporting news
- Experience in the media with people at all levels in the industry
- Take part in high profile local events
- Regular volunteer social events and much, much more...!
Whilst we are always looking for more volunteers, we would like people to fill this slot ASAP, so the deadline here is the end of March.