A freelance and contract journalism job at The HitMix 107.5FM in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Posted 19 March 2018, 6.17pm edt
This job is not paid
The HitMix 107.5FM is a not-for-profit community radio station based in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire.
We broadcast to our borough and surrounding areas 24 hours a day 7 days a week with live programming between 6am-10pm.
Our musical policy ‘more variety, more of the time’, combined with local news, weather, traffic and travel, sport, interviews and specialist shows ensure that we provide something for everyone! Our mission is to unite our Borough by providing affordable advertising for local small businesses, free advertising and support for charities and not for profit groups, and an accessible and entertaining radio station for our community.
With the continuous expansion of our Sports department we are currently seeking individuals to join our team with various roles on offer.
We need volunteers to work in the following areas:
- Production of digital sports content across our website and social media sites
- Sports show producers providing content and overseeing output of live sports show on Saturday afternoons 2pm-6pm
- Visiting local sports clubs, matches and press conferences to record interviews (audio and visual)
- Technical Operators (Tech Op) operating the playout system and ensuring that live commentary is kept on air
We currently cover all our local football teams; Newcastle Town FC, Kidsgrove Athletic FC, Leek Town FC, Port Vale and Stoke City.
Benefits of volunteering at The HitMix 107.5FM:
- Opportunity to work with industry professionals
- Full training is provided on all equipment that you will use from studio based equipment to live broadcast equipment
- Full training in presenting, tech opping and production of a radio/sports show
- Training in Sports Broadcast Journalism and reporting
- Attendance at high profile sporting events
- Access to a range of professional broadcast equipment
The HitMix 107.5FM only use high quality radio industry broadcast equipment to ensure that the best end product is achieved. Some of our equipment includes Luci Live, Remote Mix, Comrex, Coles Lip Microphones and Sennheiser Flash Microphones.
The HitMix 107.5FM is also accredited by Football DataCo which allows us access to Premier League and English Football League football matches to carry out Pre and Post Match press reporting.