A full-time other job at Radioplayer in London
Posted 8 November 2018, 11.39am est
Are you looking for your next career step? Have you got excellent technical knowledge of web development? Are you a great problem solver and project manager? Would you like to work in one of the most innovative companies in radio?
If you’ve answered YES to these questions, this job could be for you.
We’re looking for a talented Technical Coordinator to join our Operations team. You’ll work alongside the CTO and the International General Manager, helping us deliver key projects and support our stations and stakeholders both in the UK and further afield. It's a great next step if you're web-savvy and looking for a broader, varied role.
Here's the full job spec - if you like it, write to us with your CV and covering letter.
The Technical Coordinator will assist with project management and day-to-day technical operations.
- Project management of a key collaborative project as part of a wider consortium of suppliers and stakeholders
- Help new UK radio stations join the platform, ensuring the process is clearly communicated to stations. Provide technical assistance as required.
- Provision of first-level support for UK radio stations including helping with the set-up of Radioplayer’s products and services, and overseeing the station support helpdesk.
- Provision of technical support for non-UK Radioplayer country teams including assistance with rolling out updates to Radioplayer products and following up on outstanding requests and enquires.
Role-Specific Skills & Attributes
The successful candidate for this role will be comfortable working in small teams which move quickly. The role will suit an individual who is organised, thrives on problem solving and has a natural curiosity for the work that they do. Specifically, the successful candidate should have the following skills and experience
Proven experience in managing or leading projects
- Must be able to work methodically, be highly organised and able to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent numeracy and English as their first language. An excellent oral and written communicator, able to articulate technical topics to non-technical staff whose English might not be as good as theirs.
- Hold a degree in a relevant discipline (computer science, media technology, mathematics) or equivalent and/or formal qualifications in project management
- Media experience – preferably radio, but television, film or digital is acceptable.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Basecamp and similar support ticket systems
- Have knowledge of media streaming including understanding stream formats, playlists etc
- Basic working knowledge of servers, Linux and cloud platforms like AWS
Who are we?
Radioplayer is a non-profit radio aggregation and innovation organisation, co-funded by the BBC and commercial radio. Founded in 2011, our goal is to drive radio listening in connected devices by building frictionless radio listening experiences on the web, on smartphones, smart speakers and increasingly in connected dashboards. Our international division, Radioplayer Worldwide, brings these products and services to 9 countries around the world with more joining all the time.
Radioplayer offers a competitive benefits package including
- Flexible working. We are also open to this role starting as part-time.
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Perks including discounts on gym memberships, tech, high street shopping, lifestyle benefits, train tickets, restaurants, cinema tickets and a stocked kitchen with free fruit, tea, coffee, toast etc.
Closing date: 16th November 2018. Direct applicants only. Must have right to work in UK.