Technology Graduate - London or Reading
A full-time engineering job at Global in London
Posted 22 August 2017, 10.23am edt
Home to some of the UK’s best-loved radio stations such as Heart, Capital and Classic FM, to name a few we keep over 24 million listeners tuned in and entertained each week. And that’s just for starters; we also manage some of the best musical talent around, publish some of the biggest tracks in the charts, and run of the two freshest music channels there are.
Simply put, we’re obsessed with radio, music and entertainment – welcome to Global!
Our technology teams design, develop, install and support the vast array of systems needed to get the job done. That means everything from the back-end finance systems, tools for our commercial teams to sell great products, a rock solid communications and data infrastructure, to the next generation of broadcast systems and web apps for our consumers to enjoy. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, always striving to do things differently. Our culture of obsession drives our business forward and our people bust a gut to deliver, from the biggest and bravest things to the tiniest details. Simply put, we are obsessed with music and entertainment. Welcome to our world.
We're on the hunt for a graduate with these qualities:
- A solid footing in software development fundamentals having completed Computer Science or similar at degree level
- A desire to utilise tooling and approaches such as TDD, BDD, Continuous delivery (Jenkins), Git and build pipelines to ensure product delivery becomes routine and safe
- Awareness of modern development tools, APIs and techniques, emerging technologies and strategies including Dev Ops
On top if that you’ll also be someone who has:
- Great communication skills
- A passion for new technology
- The ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture
- Vision to spot potential issues and come up with great solutions
- Boundless enthusiasm and dedication
- Highly organised with a great attention to detail
- Comfortable working alone on projects or being part of a team
If you've got all of these, you'll be able to help create and deliver world-class innovative technology solutions to power our business growth, across a huge variety of projects.
Sound like you?
You could join us as a Technology Graduate based in either our central London or Reading offices, but with travel around other regional broadcast centres as required. After a year of working within various projects you will settle into a more specialist role.
About the location
The ideal candidate can be located in either London or Reading, with a bit of travel between the two sites.
If you prove you've got what it takes and share our obsessions, we'll make sure you're well rewarded with a competitive salary (this may vary depending on location). Not only that, you'll get 25 days holiday and a range of flexible benefits (including cycle to work scheme, holiday trading, pension, and some great discount deals). You'll also get kitted out with Apple technology including a MacBook when you start, as well as receiving outstanding training on the job. Don't just like your job, love it!
This job was reposted from Jobs At Global