A part-time digital job at Vibe 107.6 FM in Watford
Posted 22 September 2016, 8.04am edt
This job is not paid
We are looking for a Website Manager with great IT skills to join the team and help enhance Vibe 107.6 FM’s online presence. The website covers local news and events, our own celebrity interviews and details about the presenters and schedules. We also produce banner adverts and promote companies in our online Local Directory. The site has a Listen Live facility as well as links to our social media coverage and we receive 25,000 – 28,000 page views per month. Whilst it has a new look and we think it looks sleeker and sharper than ever, there’s still room for improvement!
As such, this on-going opportunity will cover three main areas:
- Site optimisation recommendations
- Revenue generation opportunities and analytics
- Web content design, creation and editing
What will the job entail?
SEO, REVENUE GENERATION AND ANALYTICS:
- Collate, format and produce web reporting information and assist in the data capture through implementation of web analytics
- Provide recommendations and implement on site optimisation
- Identify the issues and opportunities as well as support our existing development, publishing and optimisation work.
- Site performance monitoring
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue through the website
- Assist in implementing agreed revenue enhancing initiatives
CONTENT EDITING AND LIAISON:
- Assist the team with content management including images, ensuring it is in line with SEO best practice
- Help develop new ways to get established and new listeners engaged with the website
The skills and experience needed are:
- Web analysis theory and/or experience using Google Analytics demonstrated through a strong ability to select the right data and provide proven, actionable insights
- Web content management experience including familiarity with and understanding of SEO best practice
- Optimisation experience
- Excellent communication skills – including writing and editing
- Strong PC skills – including Outlook, Word, Photoshop
- Ability to self-supervise and work quickly to deadlines whilst paying attention to detail
- Aptitude to perform in and contribute to a team-based work environment
- An interest in radio and Vibe 107.6 FM
You must have a mature attitude, be reliable and prepared to make a commitment to work in our office (or sometimes from home) preferably on a set day(s). Hours will be agreed with the General Manager but if possible we would like candidates to be able to work at least 2 days a week, however we are flexible and the role can be based around your needs. This position would suit someone who lives in the area or can easily commute to Watford.