BFBS Nominated for International Radio Awards
From a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 27 May 2015, 12.12am edt
BFBS Radio has eight finalists shortlisted for the 2015 New York Festivals International Radio Program Awards in Manhattan.
From a comedy sketch show, to insightful personal stories, plus speech programmes and music specials, the station has been nominated in a wide range of categories.
Nicky Ness, Controller BFBS Radio, said: “I’m very impressed by the quality of entries from Team BFBS this year, our best ever showing in terms of nominations. In the absence of a UK industry-wide awards scheme, it’s important that we have a platform to showcase our work, and the New York’s provides a great opportunity.
“All these nominations are testament to the hard work and talent of our dedicated broadcasters, and I look forward to the awards event and final outcomes with huge interest.”
BFBS Radio’s nominations are:
- Best Comedy Special, Damn The Torpedoes Xmas Special;
- Best Human Interest Story and Profiles/Community Portraits, The Chelsea Pensioners - A Life Served (above);
- Best Live Sound, Ship To Shaw - A Royal Navy Christmas;
- Best Music Special, Simon Marlow with Ed Sheeran in Afghanistan;
- Best Regularly Scheduled Talk Program, BFBS Sitrep;
- Profiles/Community Portraits, HMS Medusa 70 Years On;
- Station Promotion, D-Day 70 Years On.
The winners will be announced at the 2015 New York Festivals World’s Best Radio Programs Gala on Monday 22nd June.
If you missed any of these shortlisted programmes, you can hear them online.
Be the first to comment
Login or register to comment
It only takes a second with your Google or Facebook account.