Global: runs four most popular commercial radio networks
From a press release to email@example.com
Posted 4 February 2015, 7.00pm est
- London’s Capital Breakfast Show with award-winning duo Dave Berry & Lisa Snowdon holds the fiercely contested London no. 1 spot with more listeners (941,000) than any other commercial radio show in the capital.
- The Heart network remains the country’s no. 1 commercial radio network with more than nine million listeners.
- Heart London is up from 1.5 to 1.8m listeners adding 335,000 listeners in the last quarter of 2014. The station also becomes the commercial market leader in share with a huge leap to 6.3% (up from 3.9% in the last quarter).
- Classic FM now reaches a huge 5.6m (5.2m last quarter) adding more than 370,000 listeners in the last three months of 2014 with new shows from Katherine Jenkins and Alexander Armstrong.
- The Smooth network records its highest figures ever growing reach, share and hours, with 4.8m listeners – up more than 100,000 listeners in the last quarter.
- Smooth London is also up on all measures (reach, share and hours) and now has 760,000 listeners (from 742,000 in the last quarter).
Ashley Tabor, founder & executive president of Global, said: “I’m so proud that the Capital Breakfast Show with Dave & Lisa remains no. 1 in London with the most listeners – leading breakfast in the hugely competitive London market is a big achievement. I’m delighted that with Heart, Capital, Classic FM and Smooth we have the four most popular commercial radio networks across the country. This is testament to all the hard work of everyone at Global.”
Richard Park, group executive director and director of broadcasting at Global, said: “This is a great result for Global with Heart cementing its position as the most popular radio brand across the country and Smooth recording its highest ever numbers with gains in all measures. We have a stellar line up of presenters at Global and it’s good to see them proving so popular with our listeners. With new shows from Katherine Jenkins and Alexander Armstrong, Classic FM enjoyed a hugely successful quarter with its audience now at 5.6 million.”
Be the first to comment
Login or register to comment
It only takes a second with your Google or Facebook account.