media.info readers accurately predict the future
By James Cridland for media.info
Posted 3 December 2014, 9.13am est
Traditionally, our discussion users predict what's going to happen in the year on our discussion boards; and a significant amount of predictions turned out to be true.
In a four page thread posted on Media UK (our former name), discussion readers managed to get the following partially or wholly correct:
- Jack FM will see some expansion
- Pirate FM will launch their first DAB only service
- Heart finally arrives on at least some of Real Radio’s former frequencies. It’ll be accompanied by a huge marketing drive as befits Global.
- Magic launches on D1.
- More mono radio services will emerge
- The Lincolnshire MUX doesn’t make it on air.
- Smooth Extra to launch.
- Global get a slap on the wrists from Ofcom for the lack of local and specialist output in the spirit of the two London small scale licences of Capital XTRA.
- Smooth to continue as a franchise in the East Midlands, North West and North East to either an offshore company or a friendly group.
- More networking on Bauer Place stations in England
- Heart launches in Yorkshire, however as a franchise as Global keep Capital.
- Celador would acquire Palm 105.5
So - what's going to happen in 2015? Will we see more Heart - perhaps even a Heart Club Classics station? Will Global purchase more stations, or will it be Communicorp going on the acquisition trail?
You're welcome to add your comments to the new thread as our discussion service moves over to media.info.