Online audio specialists come to London for the RAIN Summit Europe
personBy James Cridland for media.info
access_timePosted 14 October 2015, 7.49am edt
The programme for the RAIN Summit Europe in London has been announced, with a variety of interesting speakers for the online radio industry. Highlights include:
- Spotify's Les Hollander presents a pan-European study showing metrics of how consumers are listening online
- Calum Macaulay from talkSPORT discusses audio brand-building in a digital market
- Larry Rosin from Edison Research (and one of the US's brightest researchers) brings Insights from “Share of Ear” Surveys
- Rhys Hughes and Ben Chapman from BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra present a keynote discussing how the networks are taking advantage of online audiences
- The present and future of podcasting, with Ross Adams from Acast
- Chris Price (pictured) returns to the Royal Institution to present "The discipline of innovation". See him speak at Next Radio 2015 here about his learnings from listening to 24 hours of Foo Fighters Radio.
- Paula Cordeiro from Portugal also returns to the RI, talking about the mobile listener. Here's her Next Radio speech from 2014.
- Kurt Hanson, publisher of RAIN, brings his unique State of the Industry Address to London
I was at the RAIN Summit in Atlanta earlier this month, and found it an insightful and interesting conference, well worth your time. The speakers have been carefully chosen to give insight from Europe and the US; effective monetisation of online radio and podcasting is one area where the US is leading.
This year, the RAIN Summit Europe is at the Royal Institution in central London, and is being held on a Monday - perfect for a visit to the capital.
Buy tickets here - and use the code MEDIAINFO to save £25 on your ticket.
Be the first to comment
Login or register to comment
It only takes a second with your Google or Facebook account.