A full-time programming job at Local TV Limited in Leeds
Posted 23 November 2018, 10.53am est
Local TV Ltd., the UK’s leading City TV network, is on the look-out for a talented post-production editor to take an important role in our Central Production Team! You’ll work with colleagues across the business – from city teams in our eight regions through to our central Editorial, Broadcast, Digital and even Sales departments. The work is fast-paced and varied – one day you might be editing a promo for a new on-air format in Premiere Pro, and the next you’ll be designing the new look for our automated Traffic & Travel or weather updates to run across the network using Adobe After Effects.
Main Purpose of the Job: As part of a small team of editors, you’ll have proven skills in advanced video editing and some experience in graphic design and image editing too. Knowledge of animation and motion graphics is important also – as the team takes on a wide-range of daily and longer-term projects for broadcast on TV and online.
Daily, the team is responsible for the production of a small number of centrally-produced “elements” within our Always Local, Always On 24/7 rolling on-air programming. These can range from simple “top and tail” edits of content supplied by Video Journalists in the local cities, to more complex edits of our incoming UGC content and our daily networked national segments. Another major part of the job is the editing of a diverse range of commercial productions commissioned across the network to serve our clients – from cutting ads to corporate videos, sponsorship tags and everything in between – both short and long-form. The Central Production Team is on the front-line of new programmes, projects and the visual brand, which we’re currently in the process of transforming.
About Local TV Ltd.: Reaching more than 4 million viewers a month on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media – Local TV Ltd. (until recently Made Television) has grown dramatically in its 4 years on-air as the premier local broadcaster in the UK. Now on air in eight key cities and regions in England and Wales (Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, Liverpool, North Wales, Teesside and Tyne & Wear), we’re breaking new ground both on-air and in the digital space. With a recent overhaul of programming and commercial production, the development of the Local Live format of “rolling localness” and an ongoing rebrand, now is a really exciting time to join the team - you’re sure to be busy!
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Strong and proven experience in non-linear editing for professional clients or platforms – ideally including delivery to broadcast media, and knowledge of varying formats.
- Knowledge of graphic design, image editing, motion graphics and animation
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products – with emphasis on Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
- An ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage workload and priorities effectively.
- Readiness to be called upon for creative advice, idea generation and implementation even with the simplest of briefs from our clients.
- An enthusiastic, keen and friendly attitude (just like everyone in our team!) and a passion for making great city TV is a must!