Head of Finance - TV & FILM Production
A full-time job at Sauce Recruitment in Cardiff
Posted 19 May, 2017 in Creative
We are working exclusively with a growing International TV and Film Production business, based out of its Headquarters in Cardiff. This dynamic business, with its own studios and presence in the USA has a strong pipeline of developments for 2017/18.
As a result of expansion, we require an experienced Financial Business Partner to take on this Head of Finance position, to report to the COO and CEO. The role will take full responsibility for all financial management aspects for this company and its subsidiaries, working closely with the Heads of Production and the Head of Legal and Business Affairs and as the business continues to grow, the Head of Finance will immediately manage an Accounts Assistant and build a Finance team to support the business activities.
The role is a broad all-encompassing Financial and Business Management role which will include, but not be limited to;
- General Finance, Business Management and Reporting
- Business Partnering - Providing day to day financial management support to the CEO
- Planning/Budgeting - Support the business in its planning, budgeting and forecasting. Including a five year business plan for external stakeholders, an annual budget and ongoing cash-flow forecasts
- Reporting - Preparing monthly Management Accounts for the Management Team
- Maintain Development Spend Reporting, tracking project spend vs budget and recoverability
- Payroll Taxes - Review and approve weekly and monthly payroll, including US employees working in the UK
- VAT - Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns & P11D submissions.
- Corporate Tax - Liaise with Accountants to prepare Corporate Tax Returns, and in future Production Tax Credits Audit/Submissions.
- Maintain accounting ledgers to enable timely and accurate management and external reporting
- Liaise with the External Accountants to prepare statutory accounts
- Oversee US branch accounting
- Setting up production bank accounts and overseeing cash flow requirements
- Establishing robust accounts practices & reporting procedures Integrating production accounting reports into the corporate system on a monthly basis
- Overseeing UK & foreign tax credits including financing and administration
- Overseeing bank borrowing on productions not cashflowed by broadcasters
- Liaising with HMRC for production payroll set up and, if required, dispensations
Due to the broad nature of the role and the specialist nature of this International TV Producer, we are looking for an Qualified Head of Finance from a fast growing TV or Film Production background. He or she will have a strong analytical mind-set and top class MS Excel skills, with experience of working in an International and Multi-Currency environment. You are a proactive leader who has the ability to lead or challenge decision making processes and advise on business development activities and strategy. You are a proven leader of people with experience of building teams and shaping departments, a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to help drive a business forward.