MULTIMEDIA NEWS/ENTS VIDEO JOURNALIST FREELANCE OPPORTUNITY
A freelance and contract job at Made Television in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Posted 13 November, 2017 in Journalism
Good at telling stories? Can you tell them through your own shooting, editing and on screen personality? Here at Made in Tyne & Wear/Teesside, part of the UK’s largest City TV network Made Television, we’re looking for freelance multi-skilled video journalists to work across our daily award-winning programming teams. The right person is someone who’s as confident sat in the courtroom reporting on the day’s top story for the North East news as they are meeting the meerkats in Tropical World for nightly magazine programme The Lowdown.
You’ll have a journalistic background (ideally with experience and training in broadcast news), and knowledge and understanding of the North East City Region and what makes it tick. You must have a warm personality, charisma on screen that comes across in the content you produce for our primetime daily programmes here at Made in Tyne & Wear/Teesside. A willingness to get involved and an ability to bring enthusiasm to any topic is a must, whether it be filming flower arranging or mud snorkelling!
You’ll be a confident self-shooter and editor who’s also prepared to get stuck into the production side of all live and pre-recorded programming – helping out in the studio, gallery and during on-location live broadcasts.
- Source, report on, film and edit packages for broadcast in our daily live news programmes and entertainment show The Lowdown – adjusting style, tone and content to suit the show.
- Help to maintain digital output – feeding content to social media feeds when on location.
- Reporting live on location – reacting to breaking news live during the programme, and also in the crowds at the big events happening in the city.
Required Skills: It’s unlikely that we’d consider your application if you’re unable to fulfil the required skills below:
- Trained journalist with some newsroom experience.
- Confident presentation and voice over skills.
- Knowledge of media law, the court process and the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
- Interest in news, current affairs and lifestyle/events – particularly in North East.
- Good camera and editing skills, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Clean UK Driving License
- Experience in a working broadcast newsroom.
- Ability to edit using the Adobe Creative Cloud – namely Premiere Pro.
Send us your CV and short video show-reel (or small number of clips) to email@example.com as soon as possible. You can also send a covering letter (optional). Early applications are strongly advised.
This job closes: 11 December, 2017
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.