Multimedia Video Journalist
A full-time job at Made Television - Made in North Wales in North Wales, PA, United States
Posted 20 March, 2017 in Other
Multimedia Video Journalist Opportunity – Made in North Wales
Think you’ve got what it takes to work in the fast-paced, exciting world of Local TV News? Here at Made in North Wales, the new and upcoming TV channel for the region, we’re part of the Made Television TV Network, and we’re looking for a keen and enthusiastic individual to join the multi-skilled news team as a Multimedia Video Journalist – reporting both in front of and behind the camera on the very latest news that matters to North Wales.
If you have a journalistic qualification, love digging deep to find the stories really affecting the lives of our hundreds of thousands of weekly viewers, and you’re confident at self-shooting, this could be the job you’ve been waiting for!
The successful candidate will cover a range of topics from the hardest and most serious crime and political stories, to the ups and downs of local sports teams, and the quirky stories that are getting North Wales people talking.
You’ll be out of the newsroom most days, asking the questions that local people want asking and discovering the answers that matter. Rotating shifts from day reporting to weekend bulletin reading, and news planning to breaking news cover mean no two days are ever the same! Salary: Dependent on previous experience
The Role: The job requires a self-shooting and self-editing reporter, with a flair for original storytelling and a desire to get the story right. You’ll have a passion for local news, and recognise its importance in 2017 – being prepared to think outside the box with story delivery, and also use digital platforms to best engage Made in North Wales viewers. The multi-skilled candidate will also be prepared to get stuck into the production side of the news programming – helping out in the studio, gallery and during on-location live broadcasts.
Key Responsibilities: The Multimedia Video Journalist will work within the News & Current Affairs Team to:
- Report on, film and edit daily news packages for broadcast in our daily live news programmes.
- Think creatively about telling our stories to local viewers – developing original news ideas.
- Help to maintain our digital news output – writing website copy, managing social media feeds and feeding content to the on-screen hourly “news ticker” shown during the weather.
- Assist in the live output of our nightly news programmes – learning how to operate certain elements within the studio and gallery, which is located at our Liverpool Playout Centre in Liverpool.
Required Skills: It’s unlikely that we’d consider your application if you’re unable to fulfil the required skills below:
- BJTC, NCTJ or equivalent accredited journalist, with some newsroom experience.
- Knowledge of media law, court procedures, and the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
- Interest in news and current affairs – with some idea of the big agenda items that matter in Wrexham, Mold, Denbigh, Ruthin and the wider region.
- Good camera and editing skills, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience in a working broadcast newsroom
- Ability to edit using the Adobe Creative Cloud – namely Premiere Pro.
- Clean UK Driving Licence