A full-time engineering job at Hochanda Ltd in Oundle, Peterborough, Northamptonshire, UK
Posted 24 April 2018, 10.14am edt
In this role, you will be using your technical operations skills in a studio and live playout environment to support the production and delivery of broadcast content for Hochanda. This role is on a seven-day fortnight shift pattern. Main duties include:
- Rig and derig technical equipment in a safe manner as directed to support production requirements.
- Prepare the studio for use.
- Sound mixing and assisting the presenters and guests with their microphones
- Operate technical equipment in the production of live and occasional pre-recorded studio content as required.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Report technical issues in a timely manner so that problems are addressed quickly and with minimal impact on the output.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the production team.
- Attend production meetings when requested.
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies and promote a positive safety culture.
- Any additional duties as requested. Desired Skills
- Previous experience in a technical operations role.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- A practical understanding of video and audio standards.
- Working knowledge of vision control.
- Knowledge of microphone techniques and basic sound mixing.
- An understanding of studio and gallery procedures and the TV infrastructure.
- Be a good team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Work well under pressure.