Trainee Assistant Producer
A full-time programming job at Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd in Peterborough
Posted 9 May 2018, 9.35am edt
We have opportunities for you to join Ideal Shopping Direct to work on one of our live TV channels, Ideal World or Create and Craft, in Peterborough. The Trainee Assistant Producer vacancies are entry level graduate roles to start in the exciting world of live television and offer good prospects for progression within the company and the wider media industry.
Job Title: Trainee Assistant Producer Job Purpose: Assisting the Production team with all daily duties and forward planning.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Work alongside the Producer to forward plan & prepare shows for live output.
- Research the USPs and key features of each product.
- Collect product information for Producers, Presenters and Directors to enable them to fully demonstrate product to viewers.
- Check stock levels for all products and ensure team are kept informed of stock changes throughout shows.
- Build close relationships with all TV and Commercial departments to ensure the vision for the show is communicated to all teams.
- Greet suppliers and guests ensuring release forms are signed prior to their on-air appearance.
- Select and edit video clips from previous shows to create product demonstration VTs.
- Compile and complete VT cue sheets in advance of the show to be checked and approved.
- Calculate and collate statistics for the Producer including relaying accurate stock updates.
- Print out the latest version of Product Order Lists (POLs) and information cards (i-cards) distributing them to the Production team.
- Deliver and communicate information from the Producer to all other departments.
- Organise and prepare viewer calls for live shows.
- Act as the second pair of eyes and ears to the Producer during each programme whether live or pre-recorded.
- Complete all prep for shows in Producer’s absence.
- Liaise with Commercial departments during out of office hours, making relevant changes to shows.
- Remain reactive and turn around prep for last minute schedule changes without compromising on show content.
- React to and assist in solving issues as they arise.
- Awareness and understanding of ASA compliance issues.
- Attendance of Forward Planning Meetings.
- Juggle multiple tasks and prioritise over ambitious daily workload.
- This position will require working a 7/14 shift pattern, however these hours must be flexible to take into account production requirements.
- Committed self-starter
- Able to work under own initiative
- Degree calibre preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to liaise at all levels
- Creatively driven
- Able to work well under pressure
- A sales background would be advantageous
You can apply by sending a CV and covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by applying online at: http://www.idealshoppingdirect.co.uk/job/trainee-assistant-producer-ideal-world/
This job closes: 28 May, 2018
Please say you saw this position on media.info when applying.