Trainee Transmission Operator
A full-time other job at Ideal World TV in Peterborough
Posted 20 December 2018, 11.38am est
Fantastic career opportunity for a Trainee Transmission Operator with Britain's leading home shopping broadcaster.
ABOUT US Ideal World is Britain’s leading independent multi-channel TV Home Shopping Business. We are based in Peterborough and broadcasting on Sky, Virgin, Freeview and Freesat with supporting Web Operations.
Our Company’s success has stimulated a strong phase of growth and development and we are seeking suitable candidates to drive the business forward.
Ideal World is a forward thinking, entrepreneurial company that rewards exceptional talent. If you can you handle being part of one of Britain’s fastest growing companies, read on…
ABOUT THE ROLE You will be responsible for monitoring multi-channel output and also checking, preparation, play-out and recording of broadcast materials on tape and video server. This position would suit a recent media/broadcast graduate or someone who has recently started in the industry who wants to focus on a technical rather than creative role. This is an entry level position and full training will be provided.
- Monitoring of Transmission output, logging any faults or outages
- Building and managing play lists
- Updating and maintaining departmental databases and reports
- Making changes to repeat schedules
- Updating the EPG
- Implementation of Transmission contingency plans
- Any other duties as requested.
ABOUT YOU Person Profile:
- Good communicator and interpersonal skills
- Be a good team-player and also able to work independently
- Good IT skills
- Numerate and Literate
- Possess initiative and keen attention to detail
- Work well under pressure.
- An understanding of Transmission operations
- Basic VTR skills
- Basic working knowledge of the router
- An understanding of Video Server operation
- Knowledge of technical equipment & audio/video standards
- An understanding of studio & gallery procedures and the TV infrastructure.
DETAILS Health & Safety: Please note: There will be a responsibility to ensure that you have studied all relevant health & safety information and are aware of, and working to appropriate company safe systems of work and procedures. The application of some safety procedures may vary slightly depending on the group of people involved or the environment they work in. For specific health & safety responsibilities refer to individual job descriptions.